1. Choose a goal from the reading tier below and add your name to the sign up page.
2. The challenge will run from January 1 to December 31, 2009. You can sign up for the challenge at any time before December 31, 2009.
2. You do not have to choose your books in advance. You may change your reading list at any point in the challenge.
3. Overlapping with other challenges is fine.
4. Audio books and eBooks are allowed.
5. Feel free to post reviews or general thoughts about your reading to the Baker Street Challenge blog. Please e-mail me at ruth [at] bookishruth [dot] com to be added as a contributor.
Three Pipe Problem: 3 books
Sign of the Four: 4 books
Five Orange Pips: 5 books
Seven Percent Solution: 7 books
Book Guidelines & Suggestions
The Canon: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes novels (A Study in Scarlet, The Sign of the Four, The Hound of the Baskervilles and The Valley of Fear) and 56 short stories (compiled in The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, The Return of Sherlock Holmes, His Last Bow and The Case Book of Sherlock Holmes).
Pastiches: Sherlock Holmes stories by authors other than Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, such as The Seven-Per-Cent Solution by Nicholas Meyer, The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King, The Montana Chronicles by John S. Fitzpatrick, etc.
Non-Fiction: Books about Sir Arthur Conan Doyle or the Holmes phenomenon.
Other Doyle Works: Books such as The Lost World, The Coming of the Fairies, The Maracot Deep, and non-Holmes short stories do count for this challenge.
I will take it on slow and (hopefully) manageable with the Three Pipe Problem:
Kathrin, I hope you enjoy this challenge! Thanks for participating.ReplyDelete
Thanks a lot, Ruth! I'm already excited about this challenge :)ReplyDelete