Sunday, April 19, 2009

Read-A-Thon wrap up

While it is hours after the official end, I just now got around to write a wrap up post for the 24 Hour Read-A-Thon in honor of Dewey. This was my first read-a-thon ever and I wished there was another one soon. I had so much fun, I can't believe it!
I googled, but I didn't find one. (If you know more, let me know ;-) )

Here are the victims:


This box was almost full when the read-a-thon started. Not much is left of the carrots, which are victim #1 of the read-a-thon.


This is the pack of cookies that I ate during the read-a-thon - victim #2.


And of course, without some green tea, I wouldn't have made it. These hand-filled tea bags are victim #3.


These are the water bottles that I drunk during the read-a-thon aka victim #4.


And this is the lecithin I took during the read-a-thon. As I meantioned earlier, my concentration is that of a goldfish, but with lecithin it's a bit better. This stuff is available in regular supermarkets, so I don't mind taking it. Lecithin - victim #5.

With all those victims, I managed to read almost three books:
1) Eun-Ah Park: Sweet & Sensitive 4
2) Eun-Ah Park: Sweet & Sensitive 5
3) Tess Gerritsen: The Mephisto Club (finished the hour after the read-a-thon ended)

And I listened to one audio book (for a second time):
Meg Cabot: How To Be Popular

Now I would have been able to read a bit more if I hadn't taken the nap, but in the end it was the best decision.

The total amount of pages I read is 694.
I would have loved to read more pages, but I can live with that.

I realized I could concentrate best with some music in the background, so I eventually figured I'd add the current song to my regular updates. It was a fun part for me to check out what I was listening to while I was writing the update.

For the next read-a-thon (the sooner, the better, if you ask me!), I think I'll go to bed earlier the night before. I'll try to prepare the updates ahead of time and I'll plan in some more computer breaks, so that I don't have the mess with a computer on strike again. Otherwise, I'd probably do everything the same way.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kathrin! You did a great job. And, I can certainly tell you enjoyed it as well. You'll probably enjoy tonight's sleep as well. Good reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they might organise another one in October, but I'm absolutely not sure on that!

    You did a wonderful job with the Read-a-Thon, Kathrin! ^-^ Be proud! Be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot, Lesa :-) I sure slept really well last night!

    Shanra, thanks! I'll be on the lookout for the next read-a-thon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did just a fantastic job! I love that you posted the aftermath of the 24 hour period, the carrots that are left, the cookies....its great!

    Usually the read-a-thons are in October and April (it was that way last year at least :)

    After I get over my cold I would be ready to just jump right back in though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, bethany! I'm not good with making videos, so I figured these pictures for the wrap up post might be a nice idea :-)

    I can't wait until October! It's far too long until then. I wished it was at least once every quarter!

    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job! I demolished tons of food during the read-a-thon and I can't say much of it was healthy. LOL

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks a lot, Anna!
    Actually, I made a point in getting the carrots for the read-a-thon. I might as well have sticked to cookies (I had three packages at home, after all!). LOL

    ReplyDelete