Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Half Of A Yellow Sun Read-Along

When I saw that Jackie from Farm Lane Books had Half Of A Yellow Sun on her list for the TBR challenge I had just gotten the book a few days before through Bookcrossing and so I decided to write her about it. We then agreed to do a buddy read for this one.



The plan is to start reading it in the first week of May. That way we think we can read the first half until May 7 and then finish it up until May 14.

Jackie already has a post up about this here, by the way.

Here's the backcover blurb:
In 1960s Nigeria, a country blighted by civil war, three lives intersect. Ugwu, a boy from a poor village, works as a houseboy for a university lecturer. Olanna, a coung woman, has abandoned her life of privilege in Lagos to live with her charismatic new lover, the professor. The third is Richard, a shy Englishman in thrall to Olanna's enigmatic twin sister. When the shocking horror of the war engulfs them, their loyalties are severly tested as they are pulled apart and thrown together in ways that none of them imagined...

Are you interested in joining us for the read along? We’d love to share our thoughts with you!

8 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to reading along with you!

    Does anyone else fancy joining in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooo can't wait to be finished with school so that I can start on my growing stack of books that I "want" to read. And join a book group, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie, I totally second this! Anyone else who'd like to join in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms. Bar B, I have to admit I use every minute of spare time I have to read. School or not, I need my reading breaks to stay sane! I think I'd freak out if all I got to do was study and work and maybe prepare my dinner...
    I hope you get to read soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great book, but I'm afraid I'll have to pass.

    I did pass an award on to you here, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. rumour: Glad you'll be joining us!

    Carol: Maybe you'll have the time to read it later, if you're interested?
    Wow, thanks so much for the award :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathrin, I found your blog through Jackie. I've told her before that I will be reading along with you, and only now remembered to let you know. Anyway, I haven't started yet but really excited to. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're joining in, Claire :-)
    I have already started it, but I didn't get as far as I had planned to so far. I will read more tomorrow, though, and then I should be back on track.
    Hope you'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete