Saturday, April 18, 2009

End of the 3rd hour

So, the Read-A-Thon has been going for 3 hours so far and I'm not happy. I've done some reading, true, but only a few pages. Somehow nothing captures my attention. In fact, it seems a lot as if my attention span resembles that of a goldfish.


Picture: http://e-biscuit.com


I read a page or two, and then my mind wanders. I know that my life usually is like that, but not when I'm reading. In the past, my reading time has been the only time I was concentrated. But apparently, not any more *sigh*

Books read so far: a big, fat 0

Pages read so far: Don't even ask... Okay, for the curious ones, I read 12 pages

Current book: The Mephisto Club by Tess Gerritsen (thanks to the first mini-challenge)

4 comments:

  1. Ack! I'm sorry to hear that your Read-a-Thon isn't going as well as you'd want it to! Do you have anything with short stories lying about? That might help. At least I've heard from a lot of people that something shorter helps them regain their concentration...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the tip, Shanra!
    I just checked my pile and decided on a manhua (Korean manga). Maybe this helps :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're off to a slow start! Hopefully you'll hit something that captures your attention soon! Good luck!!!

    ~Melissa @ Melissa's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Melissa! It's getting better, and I hope it stays that way :-)

    ReplyDelete