So this time around, we're doing a mid-marathon survey. This is a good way to put down the current read for a minute or two and concentrate on what we accomplished so far :-)
1. What are you reading right now?
The Mephisto Club by Tess Gerritsen
2. How many books have you read so far?
I finished two books, both manhwa's. They were fun reads and I have to admit, I was really disappointed that I don't have the following books in the series here. I think this will be my next just-for-me shopping.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
For the second half I have two books in mind:
1) Meg Cabot: The Princess Diaries 9
2) Stephenie Meyer: New Moon
I hope I can read both :-)
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
No, I'm missing 24 hours for finishing up my term paper, but so what, I still have 24 hours after that ;-) Okay, I might be a bit crazy LOL
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
I didn't have many. When I went downstairs to get something for dinner, my best friend's mom was here and I skipped about two hours of reading, but in the end it proved to be a good thing. I'm now fresh and the bad start is forgotten. And the second slight distraction was when my Dad came upstairs to bring me the other cat (Sano has been with me most of the evening, but Karlheinz was sleeping in the bathroom until 30 minutes before my Dad wanted to go to bed).
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
I was afraid that it would be hard work to read for 12 hours, yet I set my own goal to 24 hours. I'm surprised that it is still so much fun! What might have helped, though, is the books I chose, and the fact that I have a huge stack to choose from.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
No, I like it the way it is :-) Thanks for doing all the work, mes chères!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
I think I would get more food ready and I would maybe clear up my table a bit more. The way it is right now I have to juggle so that it fits the computer, my tea and my glass.
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Just a little, but I might be getting there soon. It's 2:15am for me now and my weak hour is approaching. If I'm still awake at 6am, I'm all good to go through withthe 24 hours. I just hope the water is still warm enough for my tea (I have green tea leaves here and you can't brew them when the water is still boiling.)!
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
None that I haven't posted yet. If I come up with more, I'll let you know!