Friday, January 26, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

Okay, I know this is a bit belated, but I have an excuse! I seriously thought I had already posted them, but when I was looking for them, I couldn't find anything :-( So, here they are!

My New Year's Resolutions for 2007!


  • 1. I won't buy much books other than those I need for various discussions. Actually, I will limit myself to buying no more than 20 books this year!


  • 2. I will read as many reads I signed up for as I can.


  • 3. I will read more non-fiction books.


  • 4. I hope to get a lot further into at least three of my series. With a lot further I mean I'd like to read at least three books, better more!


  • 5. I want to finish updating the database of all my books, which I started last year.


  • 6. I will read at least a few of the books that are sitting on my shelves waiting for me since several years now. I have some from before 2003! Heck, I was in school back then... *shakinghead*


  • 7. I won't try to finish books that just don't make me want to read on. Too many books, too little time!


  • 8. I will try to read at leat 60 books, not matter what happens this year! For every third book I read above that limit, I will get to buy one book more in 2008. This should actually make me read a lot ;-)

3 comments:

  1. I just love finding other book-aholics like myself! Did you ever read the Elizabeth Peters books? I am obsessed...

    TBR should be fun - I had such a crazy and busy and crazy personal life this year that my books have piled up and my eye muscles are jello! 8)

    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allegra, I haven't read Elizabeth Peters' books yet, mainly because I'm really trying to save money and I can only get the ratherexpensive Trade Paperbacks. I don't see a good reason for spending 12 Euro or more on a book that I will be able to finish within less than a week ;-)But as soon as I have some money left that I don't have to save up, I will go and get to this series :-) Can't wait!

    I agree, TBR should be a lot of fun! I am in the middle of book 1 right now and I am really enjoying it. It has been on my shelves for way over a year by now, and I can't believe I didn't read it earlier. *shakinghead*

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's never too late to make a new year resolution! I love yours. If you're looking for some inspiration through the year - for sticking with your resolutions - drop by by blog. Originally it started out as a way for me to keep track of my own resolutions a few years ago.

    It's since then morphed into a project to help others with 'their' resolutions. I'd love to hear how you're doing! I imagine you'll do very well since there is so much reward in reading good books - Good luck!
    Best,
    Kim
    iresolveto.com

    ReplyDelete