Friday, March 20, 2009

Once Upon A Time III

My procrastination apparently goes so far that I even join challenges just so that my mind is too busy thinking about the term papers due soon.



To join the Once Upon A Time III Challenge, click on the picture above. It will lead you right to the sign up post.

Lucky for me, there are different stages. I'm usually not really good with fantasy, fairy tale, folklore and mythology, but I would like to broaden my horizon, so I will limit myself to The Journey. For this I have to read only one book between March 21st to June 20th.

I have not yet thought about the book I will read for this challenge, but I think I have some on Mt. TBR that would qualify - books I bought because the storyline sounds interesting, but somehow never got around to reading them because in the end, the fantasy aspect kind of "scared" me.

EDIT:
I read Sam Savage's Firmin in May, so I completed this challenge!

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what book you're going to read. Good luck and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes stepping out of your comfort zone is a good thing.. i hope you enjoy whatever book you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are deciding to give this one a try. And reading is always a good way to put off school work!!!

    Thanks for joining in with us, I hope you enjoy the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your Journey. Fantasy doesn't have to be scary (but I know what you mean about finding books scary whether they really are or not) and I hope this opens up a new area of reading for you. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot, everyone! I'll be curious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A couple of years ago I wouldn't have called myself a fantasy reader but I seem to read quite a bit of it now, and I am glad that I have expanded my horizons just that little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carl runs a great challenge. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marg, your comment gives me hope!

    ReplyDelete