Monday, March 23, 2009

Blog Improvement Project #5 - Social Media Carnival



Kim wrote the following about Task #5, the Social Media Carnival:

The task is simple: write a post about a social media tool that you currently use. If you don’t currently use any social media, pick one you’re interested in, do some research, and write a post about what you’ve learned. Posts should be as specific and experience based as possible. If you’re stuck on what to write, here are some ideas — how do you use this particular tool to improve your blog or relationship with other bloggers? How do you balance time between blogging and using social media? What are some specific things you wish you’d known before you started your chosen your new tool?


So far I'm using the following:

  • GoodReads
  • Shelfari
  • LibraryThing
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • some German pages similar to Facebook
  • various online reading groups


  • And I probably forgot some of the various aspects of social media I'm using. For most of those, I have the link to my blog right on the page about me, and for each of my e-mails posted to online reading groups, there's a link to my blog in the signature, but that's it. I never really thought about how else to use them for my blog...

    Please check out my entry on the Blog Improvement Project #2 and help me find out which of my three ideas would be the best...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment