Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Musing Mondays, March 2

So, I'm a day late for this week's Musing Mondays hosted by Rebecca, but still, here it is!



When reading do you read every word? Do you ever skip chapters or skim over parts? (question curtesy of Wendy)

Well, I have to admit I sometimes skip words, but never chapters, and I don't read the last pages first. Why the words? That's easy, sometimes I have the attention span of a goldfish. I can't concentrate on every single word, but the action doesn't escape me. And then, some authors use incredibly wordy sentences for things that couple be explained with a simple SVO-sentence (subject, verb, object). What's up with the page-long sentences anyway?
I just skim those sentences/parts to know what's going on. But usually, if I find myself skimming more than a few sentences I either am too tired to read, or my attention span doesn't even match the one of a goldfish - or I drop the book sooner rather than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment