Trish set up a separate blog for the Classics Challenge 2009 - and how could I possibly keep my hands off of that one???
The challenge starts April 1st and ends October 31st.
This is what Trish wrote in a nutshell:
**Choose Your Level (Keep reading for Bonus)
1. Classics Snack - Read FOUR classics
2. Classics Entree - Read FIVE classics
3. Classics Feast - Read SIX classics
1. Cross-posting with other challenges is allowed (and encouraged!)
2. Audiobooks are fine
3. Re-reads are acceptable, BUT books must be finished after April 1st to count for the challenge
4. Lists don't have to be set in stone; you can change your selections at any time.
5. Have Fun!!
6. You do NOT need a blog to participate.
Also, there's an optional bonus round where one can read a book from a list with books that in the future might be considered a classic.
1. Sign up below using Mr. Linky. Preferably link to your list for the challenge, but I'm not going to make you. :P If you don't have a blog, just enter your name.
2. Give a suggestion for a "future" classic in the comments below
3. Recommended a classic for "beginners" in the comments below
4. Let me know if you have any questions
5. Get reading those dang classics!!
So, I will chose the Classic Feast and I will most likely join in on the bonus round as well.
I have not yet compiled a complete list of books I'd like to read, but I will just add them as I read my way through the year.
1) Jane Austen: Northanger Abbey
2) Charlotte Bronte: The Professor
3) William Shakespeare: Hamlet
4) Dante Alighieri: The Divine Comedy