Sunday, January 31, 2010

January summary

So, the first month in a new decade is over. Can you believe it? It's the 4rd decade for me, at least the third I get to live for at least part of the time. And I'm only 25 (well, for another 2-3 months)...

Anyway, enough about my age, let's get to the truly relevant stuff, the books I read, bought, abandoned, and much more. I have the feeling, Januarys are always the worst for my Mt. TBR, along with April and September / October when the new semester starts and I use buying books for my classes as an excuse to buy some more for me. But still, I managed to read a good number of books, many of which I bought within the last two months (I keep those on a special shelf, when I remember to put them there and not on the regular shelves).

bought
1) Dia Reeves: Bleeding Violet
2) Nicholas Sparks: Dear John
3) Maggie Stiefvater: Shiver
4) Agatha Christie: Death on the Nile (graphic novel)
5) Melissa Walker: Violet on the Runway
6) A.J. Jacobs: A Year of Living Biblically
7) Jennifer R. Hubbard: The Secret Year
8) Laurie Halse Anderson: Speak
9) Courtney Summers: Some Girls Are
10) Courtney Summers: Cracked Up To Be
11) Yoko Ogawa: The Housekeeper and the Professor
12) Anna Jarzab: All Unquiet Things
13) Ninni Holmqvist: The Unit
14) Rachel Ward: Numbers
15) Jen Nadol: The Mark
16) Jaclyn Dolamore: Magic Under Glass
17) Julie Kagawa: The Iron King
18) Kristina Springer: The Espressologist

read
1) J.K. Rowling: The Tales of Beedle the Bard
2) Agatha Christie: Death on the Nile (graphic novel)
3) Jennifer R. Hubbard: The Secret Year
4) Ann Aguirre: Grimspace
5) Michael Anthony: Mass Casualties
6) John J. LeBeau: Collision of Evil
7) Dia Reeves: Bleeding Violet
8) Yoko Ogawa: The Housekeeper and the Professor
9) Laurie Halse Anderson: Speak

DNF
1) Chimananda Ngozie Adichie: Half of a Yellow Sun


No comments:

Post a Comment