Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Book List (Jan 19) & Tuesday Teasers (Jan 19)



The Book List Meme is a weekly event hosted by Rebecca @ Lost In Books.

For this week the theme is: 3 Characters I Love To Hate

1) Bella from the Twilight series. because she got so whiney in the second book.
2) Bubbles Yablonsky in the Bubbles series because she is really TSTL.
3) Cynthia Bigge (Lincoln Barclay's No Time For Goodbye), because she was one annoying character I won't ever forget. Maybe even the most annoying character in literature ever...






Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly event hosted by mizb17 @ Should Be Reading. To play along, click the aforementioned link :-)

The rules:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


BBOOOMMM!!! A mortar hits.

source: Michael Anthony - Mass Casualties (p. 86)


9 comments:

  1. lol wonder what's that all about. and yes!! I hate Bella's whining. It's a dread readign through that!

    Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, what did you mean when you said "wonder what's that all about"? I'm confused (maybe because of the head cold I'm still dealing with)... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book is queued for me to read this week. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/01/teaser-tuesdays-knit-purl-die.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh oh! What did the mortat hit???

    My teaser this week is creepy but funny! Here's a link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing along with The Book List, Kathrin! Great list. Bella gets on my nerves, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There were a lot of annoying characters in No Time for Goodbye, but despite that, I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everyone! I checked out your TT posts. You have some great books there!

    Rebecca, I just had to play along. I love lists :-)

    Lenore, the only reason I finished the book was the story line. It had me hooked! But it was a slower read because of the annoying characters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol oh i was talkign about the teaser. wondering what when kaboom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, something was damaged, if memory serves right, but I don't have the book with me. It's at my parents, were all read books find their - for now - permanent home. I really can't wait to finish university and have a big apartment of my own where I can have one room as my library only. Who needs a living room if you can have a library???

    ReplyDelete