Monday, January 11, 2010

In My Mailbox: lots of books

Time for another vlog! This time around, I'm going to share with you the books I read between December 30 and January 6 and the books I bought so far in 2010. Links (to GoodReads.com) for the books can be found below...



As mentioned in the vlog:
books read
in 2009
Vicki Lewish Thompson, Jill Shalvis & Rhonda Nelson: Better Naughty Than Nice
Sarah Mayberry: She's Got It Bad
in 2010
J.K. Rowling: The Tales of Beedle the Bard

books bought
Melissa Walker: Violet on the Runway
A.J. Jacobs: The Year of Living Biblically
Dia Reeves: Bleeding Violet
Christa Holder Ocker: auf Wiedersehen
Maggie Stiefvater: Shiver
Agatha Christie Death on the Nile (graphic novel/comic)
Nicholas Sparks: Dear John (movie tie-in)

challenges mentioned
World Religion Challenge
THIB! 20 Minute Book Club Challenge

And an addition, because it arrived in the mail on Saturday, but I didn't get it until today:
Jennifer R. Hubbard: The Secret Year

Note: In Your Mailbox is hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren. For more IMM posts and to post your link go her blog.


9 comments:

  1. Awesome books you got this week. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on getting Bleeding Violet, my friend HIGHTLY recommends it lol
    and I'd like to hear what you think about the Secret Year too =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenore, thanks! I certainly will. I've already started The Secret Year, couldn't resist when I pulled it out of the "Packstation" yesterday...

    Rebecca, thanks! I'm sure I will.

    ninefly, yay, I'm so excited about those books. I'll let you know about The Secret Year soon, I'm already reading it. Left the official "train book" (Grimspace by Ann Aguirre) at home and grabbed TSY instead :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, great books you got there! I want to read the secret year too. :) Have fun reading the books you want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome books! The Secret Year is really good!

    Have fun reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome vlog, they all look like great reads! I can't wait to read Dear John, the movie looks really good too! I'm still waiting in line at the library for The Secret Year, I can't wait!
    Happy reading :)

    Here's mine:
    http://sarasbookjourney.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-my-mailbox-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your new books! I've been seeing Agatha Christie all over the blogs recently.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely loved The Secret Year and Death on the Nile! Agatha Christie is an all-time favorite and I can only understand why her mysteries keep popping up everywhere :-)

    Now, let's hope I'll get around to read Dear John before the movie's out here!

    ReplyDelete