Thursday, June 21, 2007

Shades Of Earl Grey

Number: 58
Title: Shades Of Earl Grey
Author: Laura Childs
Started: June 18, 2007
Finished: June 20, 2007
Pages: 234
Genre: mystery

Where The Book Came From: My TBR stack - now left at XXX books

First Sentence: Scurrying across the Italian marble floor of the Lady Goodwood Inn, Theodosia Browning glanced up at the gleaming painting of the inn's venerable founder and matriarch.

Cover Blurb: Indigo Tea Shop owner Theodosia Browning is finally invited to a social event that she doesn't have to cater - but there's more than champagne bubbling...

Theo is mingling with the cream of Charleston society at the engagemnt soiree of the season. But as they eagerly await the dazzling young couple's arrival, the groom meets with a freak accident. The exquisite wedding ring - a family heirloom from the crown of Marie Antoinette - is mysteriously missing. Theodosia suspects that trouble is brewing. But when she goes to the authorities, they treat her like she's been reading tea leaves - and that's the sures way to put Theodosia's kettle on the boil...

Reason For Reading: It was actually a buddy read in early May, but I didn't get around to read the book until now due to university. Now I have only about 2 - 3 weeks left until the buddy read on the next book in series starts, so I better get this done now!

Comments: Oh my, I should have read this a lot earlier, but with classes I just didn't have the time. Would have been a good idea if I had used this one to relax a bit, though as it was awesome!

I like to see how the characters develop and I also enjoy all the changes that go on with Theodosia's tea shop. This time, she actually has an entirely new line of products going, which sounds intriguing. I have to say - I'd try it as well, if it was available.

Theo's independence is a wonderful aspect. She can do things for the investigation on her own, yet she doesn't strictly refrain from asking people she knows for help in certain things. You can't do it all on your own, I think. Sometimes you need a different point of view in order to see something - maybe an important hint!

Also, I really loved that Jory was back in this book. I missed him in the last one, and this time his appearance satisfied me again :)

I can only say I will read the next one - The English Breakfast Murder - as soon as I can!

Favorite Part: My favorite part was the super-glue attack - and no, I'm not going in depth here, as I would only spoil this scene in case you'd like to read it (and if you already read it you'll most likely remember it).

Miscellaneous: This was supposed to be a buddy read in early May - and I ended up reading it in late June. Umm yes... At least I could finish it before we're going to read the next in series in early July!

Rating: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment