Monday, June 25, 2007

A Woman Worth Loving

Number: 60
Title: A Woman Worth Loving
Author: Jackie Braun
Started: June 24, 2007
Finished: June 25, 2007
Pages: 156
Genre: romance

Language: German

First Sentence: [translated by: me] Of course it was obvious to regret the own life style when someone crushed one's throat.

Cover Blurb: [translated by: me] Far off the glamorous world of Hollywood, actress Audra wants to relax close to her family at Lake Michigan. But during her vacation at Trillium Island, she meets Seth Ridley, the love of her life. Hand in hand, they walk along the sea, listen to the rippling of the waves - and kiss passionately in a deep red sunset. Still, Audra does not suspect that Seth believes she is responsible for the acident of his family - and wants to take revenge...

Reason For Reading: Oh well, I didn't believe I could finish Splintered Bones in one more sitting and didn't want to put the book down 40 pages to the end, so I started this one - only to finish this one AND Splintered Bones that night ;)

Comments: Oh well, since you kind of know what to expect I rate those books with the expectation in mind. I can't help it.

With this one I have to say it portrays something many of us have experienced at one point in our lives. You make a mistake and try to change your life, but this is not always easy - which the author showed pretty well.

Actually, when thinking about the characters more carefully, I'd be able to understand them all to a degree. They were not really eccentric, but acted in ways I can imagine many people around me (including me, most certainly!).

Rating: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment