Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Prince's Virgin

Number: 56
Title: The Prince's Virgin
Author: Lucy Monroe
Started: June 19, 2007
Finished: June 19, 2007
Pages: 110
Genre: romance

Language: German

Where The Book Came From: somehow came to my family (most likely while Grandma was ill)

First Sentence: "Did you hire her?"

Cover Blurb: [translated by: me] Maggie experiences magical days on the paradisiacal island Scorsolini. Finally her biggest dream seems to come true: She and Prince Tomasso become a couple! But when he proposes he doesn't talk about love...

Reason For Reading: It was there and I needed fluff.

Comments: Oh my, at least it was a lot better than the one I read before. You always kind of know what to expect from the translation. Cheesy - cheesier - cheesiest! What really bugs me is that they use words no decent human being would use in everyday life. This makes it look surreal and makes me laugh at those novels quite a bit. I enjoy those in English a lot better.

Anyway, at least I enjoyed the characters and it was a nice story. Usually I enjoy the author's works better, though. It seemed a bit forced, the whole "evil ex-wife" part, at least.

Rating: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment