Friday, June 15, 2007

8 random facts

As I mentioned earlier on, I usually never get tagged, so I can choose freely from all the memes that are flying around out there.

This one I found at The Sleepy Reader (That name, btw, could be mine just as well. I'm sleepy and I'm an avid reader!).

Here are the rules:

1: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2: People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3: At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4: Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged, and to read your blog.


1. I'm thinking about changing my major - for one last time! Here in Germany, job life with a M.A. in comparative lit is not really something to look out for unless you manage to get one of the few jobs at a university. I have applied to some other things and we'll see what happens.

2. I'm seriously considering conversion since about 10 years now. And I'm actually trying to make it work out right now.

3. My Dad doesn't allow any more book shelves in my room in their house. He said he'd have to get a whole new report on the statistics then and that he's afraid the house would collapse with all my books in my room. So I have to either get rid of my books or I can't add any more books to my book shelves there. I assume I'll just have to get some of those big boxes to stash my books in them. I can't possibly get rid of my books! (At least not of those I enjoyed...)

4. I've never been out of Germany for more than 3 weeks.

5. My Grandma actually was the midwife when I was born, isn't that cool? :) (Same for my brother, btw!)

6. In 12th grade (that's the year before the last school year here) I sang in my former school's choir with a special permission by the headmaster there. I'd sung in the choir ever since I was at that school and wouldn't want to miss out on the fun we were always having there. Only in my last year at school I was too busy to drive to the old school once a week after classes.

7. I'm not exactly an organized person. I keep saying that genius rules over chaos. The only exception are my books. I have them organized by authors name - and if I have more than one book by an author, by publishing date as well. Plus, I keep series together!

8. I can't stand to have to read a series out of order. It just doesn't work that good for me :( If I can't find the next book in series, I'd rather wait so long until I can find said book. And if it takes several years!

1 comment:

  1. What are you thinking of changing your major too, Kathrin? I think if I would have the chance to rethink my degree, I might have chosen differently. It would have landed me in the same spot, mostly likely though so it probably wouldn't make much of a difference. Haha Then there is someone like my husband who majored in chemistry, went to graduate school to study library science and doesn't do anything related to those two fields today. It's a tough decision to make--and to know which one is the best for you.

    How neat about your grandmother being the midwife when you were born!

    I would love to visit Germany. I've barely been outside of the U.S. and only then to Mexico and Canada. None of those visits count for much since we didn't go far from the U.S. border.

    Good luck with your exam! I probably wouldn't have made any more progress than you have on it yet. LOL

    I really enjoyed reading your answers to this meme, Kathrin.

    ReplyDelete