Thursday, June 14, 2007

Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday

1. Do you cheat and peek ahead at the end of your books? Or do you resolutely read in sequence, as the author intended?
2. And, if you don’t peek, do you ever feel tempted?


I'd like to say I don't cheat, but occasionally, it happens. Especially when the book isn't that good and I'd like to know how it ends anyway. This has at times made me actually finish a book I had wanted to dump.

Though, cheating is not really something I do often. This year it hasn't happened up to now, and I don't even remember when I last cheated. Must have been way early last year, or the year before maybe?

But I have to admit that at times, when I'm reading a very exciting mystery or something other that is not that predictable (as opposed to romance, for example), I'm very tempted.

It's like that: You're sitting there with your book, reading it, and it is really very suspenseful. And then you have to stop reading yet again because of something. This is frustrating, because you want to know how it will end, but you're still so far from the end.

And btw, I keep scolding my Mom for reading the end after lousy 5 chapters LOL She does it way too often!

Btw, I'm handling this different for dinner - I don't mind having dessert before everything else *bg* After all, it means I have more room left for dessert ;-)

2 comments:

  1. There's a large number of cheaters out there. LOL I am not one of them. I like the idea of dessert before dinner, but I rarely do it. Maybe I should try . . . But I won't read the end of my book before I get there no matter what anyone says! :-)

    ReplyDelete