Saturday, September 1, 2007

Web Of Evil

Number: 62
Title: Web Of Evil
Author: J.A. Jance
Started: ???
Finished: July 1, 2007
Time: 10 hours and 30 minutes
Genre: mystery

Language: English

Where The Book Came From: I got it from audible.de.

Cover Blurb: [from audible.de] The highway from Los Angeles to the Palm Springs desert is parched, unforgiving, and deadly. In the suffocating stillness of a car trunk, a man, his mouth and hands bound with duct tape, awaits his fate. What possible enemy could be bitter enough to commit such a heinous crime? And when will the monster make another move?

Ali Reynolds is traveling that same blistering, lonesome highway, looking forward to putting her past behind her. But her cheating husband is in a hurry for a divorce, and the television network that wrongfully dismissed her for the sole sin of being over 40 will face her in court as well.

As she passes the site of a horrifying accident, Ali is grateful that it's no longer her job to report the news, until she finds out that the news is her own: the victim is Ali's cheating husband. And soon she'll find herself the prime suspect at the center of a terrifying web of evil.

A twisted and lethal drama of heart-pounding suspense, Web of Evil asks the question: If hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, just what punishment could that fury unleash?

Reason For Reading: I heard a few remarks about J.A. Jance in one of my online reading groups and had to see for myself how good she writes!

Comments: This was the second in series, so I was a bit off at first. I didn't know the characters, so it took a bit to get to know them, but I just loved Ali's blog entries, so I read on. This book was filled with suspense and I already have a second of Jance's books on my iPod - but not with Ali, this time with JP Beaumont (I chose A Long Time Gone).
If you haven't tried this series now: Do it! I can really enjoy it!

Rating: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment