Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Apprentice

Number: 102
Title: The Apprentice
Author: Tess Gerritsen
Started: September 13, 2007
Finished: September 28, 2007
Pages: 413
Genre: mystery

Language: German

Where The Book Came From: From Mom and mine shared bookshelf.

First Sentence: [translate by: me] Today I saw a man die.

Cover Blurb: [translate by: me] A hot summer in Boston. Detective Jane Rizzoli is called in an exclusive residential area where she finds the corpse of the medic Richard Yaeger. The forensic examination shows that Gail Yaeger was raped in front of her husband before his throat was cut through. And Gail Yaeger disappeared.
The perverse arrangement of the murder evokes haunting memories in Jane. Only a year ago she arrested a psychopathic serial killer - after she almost fell prey to him. And all of a sudden Jane realizes that she once again is becoming the center of events...

Reason For Reading: It was part of the medical mystery challenge hosted by Debi and I also just had to read more about Det. Rizzoli and Maura Isles.

Comments: Well, as I mentioned in the review to The Sinner, I'm reading this series starting with #4 (Body Double) backwards before I read from #5 on until I'm all up to date. This now causes me a problem because The Apprentice

Favorite Part: The first appearance of Agent Gabriel Dean :D

Miscellaneous: The German title was "Der Meister", which translates to "The Master".

Rating: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment