Monday, March 12, 2007

Kerrelyn Sparks - How To Marry A Millionaire Vampire

Lines to remember:
[my addition: Roman, the vampire, to Shanna's father]
Roman cleared his throat. "I don't suppose this would be a good time to ask for your daughter's hand in marriage?"
Sean whipped a wooden stake from his belt. "I'll see you in hell first!"
Roman winced. "Yeah, bad timing."


When Roman Draganesti, vampire and coven master in New York, loses one of his fangs in an accident, he urgently needs a dentist to prevent from spending the rest of his - looong - life as a one-fanged vampire. This is when he meets Shanna Whelan, a dentist who is afraid of blood and running from some really dangerous men. Before she can take care of his tooth, though, he has to rescue her from an attempt assassination.

My first Kerrelyn Sparks will certainly not be my last and I hope to be able to read the second in the Heart At Stake series soon. I have read quite a few vampire novels so far and this one certainly was intriguing and fun.
I would like to say more about the book, but I'd rather avoid spoilers, therefore I'm going to keep it as short as possible. All in all, I have to say I enjoyed the plot a great deal as the hilarious, suspenseful and "loveable" scenes were at a nice balance, so that - if you don't absolutely despise one of these - you might just as well try it!

Rating: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment