Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hidden Treasures (February through March)

Edit: I got my book. Beth Hoffman, the author of Saving CeeCee Honeycutt, picked The Boy In The Striped Pajamas for me. Thanks a lot, Beth! And for everyone else - if you want to join in, you can still leave links :-)



Well, it is time for the second Hidden Treasures! For this, I will let you look at my Mt. TBR again and the first one to pick a book for me and post it in the comments will have picked the book for me to read within the next two months. Basically, the idea is that we all have so many unread books, there must be some hidden treasures we keep ignoring or missing. If you want to join in and have someone pick a book for you, just leave a link in the comments.

Thanks to Wendy @ Caribousmom, I now even have a wonderful button for this event. Thanks a lot, Wendy!

Last time you picked Chimamanda Ngozie Adichie's Half of a Yellow Sun and Charlaine Harris' Dead Until Dark for me. I didn't finish Half of a Yellow Sun, as I couldn't get into the story, no matter how far I read (I managed to get to page 100), but I'm still working on Dead Until Dark and so far I enjoy it a lot!

For this time, I have two things for you to consider when you pick a book for me:
1) My semester is almost over, so I'm very busy with term papers and presentations and exams.
2) Once the semester is over I'll be working on a slightly bigger project, in part also for this blog.
So please pick a book that is easy to read of fairly short (i.e. under 300 pages)!


So, to know what books you can choose from, I uploaded my list on Google docs: My Mt. TBR! Have fun browsing my list and pick me something nice!



2 comments:

  1. I saw shiver (by maggie stiefvater) on your list and would suggest it in a heartbeat! I found it to be one of the best books I've read in a long time. It is a little longer than your 300 page request, but it is a fast read, so I thought I'd suggest it. It is actually the first review I wrote on my blog if you'd like to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I already made plans to read Shiver this month. I have some time off, so I should get to it sooner rather than later :-)

    ReplyDelete