Monday, February 5, 2007

Rachel Gibson - S ex, Lies, And Online Dating

Lines to remember:
"Tell me about your Internet dates."
Oh yeah. "Out of all men I've met online, seventy percent were just looking for quick s ex and were real losers. Twenty percent were lonely and desperate for a girlfriend, any girlfriend. The jury is still out on the last ten percent."

---
[my adition: This happens while Lucy and Quinn are having a chocolate torte.]
"Sometimes, chocolate is better than s ex," she said.
"Sunshine, nothing is better than s ex."
She set the fork on her plate and pushed it aside. "I guess that would depen on your basis of comparison."


Mystery writer Lucy Rothchild is researching for her next book and goes on a couple of Internet dates. Meanwhile, there's a serial killer on the loose in Boise - a woman asphyxiating men she dated before. On her last date, she meets with Quinn, supposedly a plumber, while she pretends to be a nurse. Only, Quinn is an undercover cop hunting down the serial killer and Lucy is his top suspect.

I actually wasn't in the mood for a romance, but this book had enough mystery and suspence to make me want to read it. I actually finished it within a day, because I couldn't put it down. The characters were likeable and I couldn't find plot holes. There is not much to day about this book other than I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, couldn't put it down, and would always read it again!

Rating: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment