Thursday, February 8, 2007

call me crazy, but...

... if I had two job offers and didn't know which one to take - I'd check out the library system in the two places.

So far I've never had really close ties to a place I've been. Wherever I spend the night, I say "let's go home" when I'm not there. Might drive some people crazy, but that's me. I know to enjoy my time in my hometown, but in the end, it is a 2,000 inhabitant and to have some fun outside of home, you have to take a car unless it is carneval. There's no way around it!

For now, I spend money on books whenever I have some left (well, except for this year, because of the New Year's Resolution), so I have something to read. Let's face it, the library system here sucks big time. They hardly have any interesting English books - and keep me from getting into their "wide" variety of mysteries"! ;-)

So, yes, I'd pick a job after the library system if the basics are the same. I mean, I don't want to spend all my money on books, it's just that right now I don't have the choice, and considering how much money I must have spent on books in the last three years or so, it would probably be a wise decision. I could save lots of money and could maybe get a vacation out of it more regularly ;-)

P.S.: How I got to this thought? Well, I'm on DL and we've been talking about libraries and library systems in the past couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment