Friday, January 9, 2009

Book Buddy Blogger Challenge 2009

Well, since I almost always read recommended books whether it's for a challenge or not, I will try Wisteria's Book Buddy Blogger Challenge.



Rules: The challenge will run all of 2009. You will be required to read 5 books from a list of 10 that are recommended by a book blogger buddy. The books should be from their list of best books from 2008. It's that easy. Then let us know what you think of your friend's choices. Do you agree or disagree and why?


I'll chose my 5 books from the following list:
1) Secrets of A Former Fat Girl - Lisa Delaney (MizB)
2) Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader - Ann Fadiman (Meghan)
3) Hostage to Pleasure - Nalini Singh (Casee)
4) Tall Tales and Wedding Veils - Jane Graves (Holly)
5) Dark Desires After Dusk - Kresley Cole (Casee)
6) Bet Me - Jennifer Crusie (Casee)
7) Acheron - Sherrilyn Kenyon (Casee & Rowena)
8) Frsico's Kid - Suzanne Brockman (Rowena)
9) Memories of Us - Lisa Winfree (Holly)
10) one of the following (all by Lesa):
The Fault Tree by Louise Ure
Blood of the Wicked by Leighton Gage
The Cruelest Month by Louise Penny
Death Will Get You Sober by Elizabeth Zelvin
What Burns Within by Sandra Ruttan
The Crossroads by Chris Grabenstein
Rubicon by Lawrence Alexander
Hell Hole by Chris Grabenstein
The Fourth Time is Murder by Steven F. Havill
The Anteater of Death by Betty Webb

6 comments:

  1. Kathrin...Great list. This is terrific! You picked a lot of the ones I had liked from Lesa's blog. That last one Lesa had The Anteater of Death really look intriguing. Thanks for signing up with Mr. Linky :)
    Enjoy the challenge
    Wisteria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Wisteria! I'll certainly enjoy the challenge :)
    I just couldn't make up my mind for now, so I'll just pick the books as I go on and buy... At first, I tried to limit myself, but somehow - well, there are far too many good recommendations out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an excellent idea for a challenge. So many recommendations out there already! I don't know how I would decide!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Rebecca: That's what I thought when I read about Wisteria's challenge for the first time. There's no saying no to recommended reads from blogging book buddies, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathrin, I just cant help myself. I am going to have to do this challenge. I need to figure out how to do this as a career!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebecca, please let me know once you've figured out how to do reading challenges for a living! I'd be interested in joining you :)

    ReplyDelete