* Open to anyone, whether you have a blog or not!
* No need to register or to announce what you are going to read.
* Start in any category that you wish.
* 3 books from this reading challenge can be used in other reading challenges.
* Just post in the comment section.
* The genre of the books can be ANYTHING (fiction or non-fiction), but it must be decent (because you have to write reviews about the books).
* Other reading materials (graphic novels, poetry, museum catalogs, art books, zines etc.) are OK.
* The book must already be in your bookcase or storage area.
* The Challenge starts 12/27/08 to 12/27/09. (I hate to begin anything on January 1st).
* You can post starting on 12/27/08.
* Format of work can be paper, audio, or electronic.
These are the NINE categories to celebrate 2009! See the above tabs for details. (I had to abbreviate some of the categories due to WordPress Code restrictions.)
To post, please click one of the tabs for the specific category and place your review JUST in that category, not on any of the 4 pages on the front of this blog.
8. Alive or Not
Long: Longer than my usual reads (so I'll use one with 400+ pages)
Free: A free book, be it a BC book, an ARC, a gift - you name it
Dusty: One that has been on the shelves for 3+ years
Used: A book with at least one or more previous owners
Letter: Has a letter in the title that I have in my name
Strange: Out of my comfort zone
Distance: The author’s birthplace or setting is more than 1000 miles (1609.344 kilometers) from my present location
Alive or Not: By an author nominated for a prize or a dead author
Cover: Prettiest or Ugliest cover
My books will probably be:
Long: Nora Roberts: Jewels Of The Sun
Free: Robert Fate: Baby Shark's Beaumont Tales
Used: Suzanne Brockmann: Prince Joe -> subject to change, unless I find an even uglier cover
Letter: Oscar Wilde: A Woman Of No Importance
Strange: Donita K. Paul: DragonKnight
Distance: Patricia Davids: Military Daddy
Alive Or Nor: Naomi Alderman: Disobedience (Booker Prize)
Cover: Suzanne Brockmann: Prince Joe