Monday, November 2, 2009

winter reading recommendations, anyone?

I had a couple interesting days lately, book-wise!

First, I spent some time with a vegan vampire (no worries, in the end said vampire decided to give in and eventually survived!), and now I'm with a almost-bulimic werewolf. This sure sounds crazy, but I'm having so much fun! The characters are far from your average vampire or werewolf.

As for the books, I'll keep you guessing with the vegan vampire, but I promise I'll tell you more! And the werewolf with the almost eating disorder is Kalix of Martin Millar's Lonely Werewolf Girl. Both books are wonderful reads for the darker, shorter days we're dealing with right now.

Other authors I like to read now would be Jane Austen, Emily Bronte (well, actually all three Bronte sisters!), Mitch Albom and Kelley Armstrong.

If those are too short, why not curl up with Michail Bulgakov's The Master and Margarita or Victor Hugo's Les Misérables?

What about you? Do you have any favorite reads or genres for the days post-clock change?

No comments:

Post a Comment