Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Frenchman's Bride

Number: 66
Title: The Frenchman's Bride
Author: Rebecca Winters
Started: July 6, 2007
Finished: July 7, 2007
Pages: 156
Genre: romance

Language: German

Where The Book Came From: From my bookshelf.

First Sentence: [translated by: me] Vincent Rolland got out of the shower in his London hotel suite and reached for a towel.

Cover Blurb: [translated by: me] Hallie Linn isn't can't fall in love! Even though fantastic looking millionaire Vincent Rolland fascinates her so much. That she and Vincent are coming dangerously close in his fantastic French Château, which puts her in the biggest moral conflict in her life. After a grave blow of fate she had vowed to go to a cloister forever. But the passionate feelings for Vincent puts her to make a decision that almost breakes her heart...

Reason For Reading: I needed some fluff to fall asleep.

Comments: Ah, I didn't enjoy part of the plot as it was a bit too made up for me, but I just loved the setting, how the chateau and the villages close by were described. Made me want to take a trip to France right away.

Rating: B

No comments:

Post a Comment