Friday, April 21, 2006

Stephen King - Carrie

Carrie by Stephen King
253 pages
book # 16
where from: Bookcrossing.com

I finished the book today on my way from work back to university - and I really loved it :-) I assume most people heard about the book or at least about the movie, so I will keep my summary short.

Carrie White grew up with a very religious mother (her father died when she was still a little girl) who thought everything the teens of Carrie's age loved was the work of the devil and pure evil. Carrie's upbringing made her the perfect outcast at school and she didn't have any friends. After the students played a mean trick on Carrie, Sue Snell, a class mate of Carries, feels bad and asks her boyfriend Tommy to ask Carrie out for the prom. Due to the trick played on Carrie and another misbehaviour, the leader is not allowed on her prom and decides to work on a revenge. At the prom, there will be another evil trick played on Carrie - one, which ends in horror!

I really enjoyed this book a lot and I'm glad I didn't read it when I wasn't in the mood. I don't think I would have enjoyed it that much and finished it within only 3 days. Stephen King's first horror novel is a great one and I am not quite sure how he can keep up with it in his later novels (I read the one with the window, movie with Johnny Depp, I think? Or at least, I tried to...), but it sure is hard work! With this novel I shuddered, even though I knew what was going to happen.

I would really recommend you read this book if you haven't read it already!

No comments:

Post a Comment