Friday, February 12, 2010

blame game time (February 12)

It is time for another blame game! I realized I skipped the last week or so, but with my cat and everything, I was too distraught to remember... The blame game was first done by the one and only Chris from Stuff As Dreams Are Made On.

NOTE: This is part 1 of approximately 3 that I will try to post over the weekend. Wish me luck I can get my Google Reader down a bit despite carneval!

Julie Anne Peters' By the Time You Read This I'll Be Dead was reviewed by Karin from Karin's Book Nook and I'm curious about it.

Sarah Beth Durst's Ice was recommended by Alyssa over at Teens Read and Write and I can't thank her enough for making the book show up on my radar. Let's hope they'll put the book up for their giveaway (and that I - for once - have a chance to snatch it :-P ).

Sarah Jane Stratford's The Midnight Guardian was reviewed by Becky from The Bookette. This historical fantasy with vampires sounds intriguing, so I'll have to read it.

Lauren Oliver's Before I Fall was highly recommended by Katrina from Bloody Bad.

Wayne Simmons' Flu was mentioned by Sharon from Sharon Loves Books and Cats (so do I!) and ever since I read this one good zombie book last year I have been looking for other zombie books. She also mentioned Zombie: An Anthology of the Undead, edited by Christopher Golden, Jonathan Maberry's Rot & Ruin and Mira Grant's Feed.

Kristine Kathryn Rusch's Diving into the Wreck earns Carl from Stainless Steel Droppings his first point. The cover of the book alone made me stop dead (the woman reminded me of both Katherine Janeway and Seven of Nine), but his review did it for me. I have to read it!

Kitty Keswick's Freaksville was reviewed my Pat from Peave Love & Pat and as you might have realized from my In My Mailbox posts lately, I have a thing for paranormal YA books :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment