Friday, August 31, 2007

Gin & Daggers

Number: 88
Title: Gin & Daggers
Author: Jessica Fletcher & Donald Bain
Started: August 04, 2007
Finished: August 09, 2007
Pages: 255
Genre: mystery
ISBN: 0-451-19998-7

Language: English

Where The Book Came From: It was on my bookshelf.

First Sentence: "Care to take a closer look, Mrs. Fletcher?"

Cover Blurb: Jessica Fletcher is off to London to deliver the keynote address at a convention for the International Society of Mystery Writers. She's also looking forward to seeing her mentor, Marjorie Ainsworth, who's hosting a party on her estate to celebrate her latest book. But a routine business trip becomes murderous business - when Jessica discovers Marjorie stabbed to death in her own bedroom.

Gossip about Marjorie's failing health and an unknown ghostwriter takes on more serious meaning now that everyone - including Jessica - is a suspect. Inspector George Sutherland of Scotland Yard is eager to help with the investigation for reasons that go a bit beyond the professional. And Jessica's sleuthing introduces her to a whole new side of London, populated with some very colorful - and sinister - characters.

Reason For Reading: I absolutely love the TV series and try to watch it whenever I have the chance, so of course I couldn't hold off much longer reading the books as well :-)

Comments: Oh wow! This is the first in series and I can't believe I held off reading it so long! I might just chose this series as one for my series challenge, though it's a long series and I doubt I can finish it within the 6 months I chose for the challenge.

I missed watching the show as it hasn't been aired in a while, but it seems those books are a wonderful way to re-connect with my beloved characters from Cabot Cove!

Oh, There is one thing I realized while reading and writing this review - while I got it as a mass market paperback I don't even have any traces that the book has been read. Appears I got lucky ;-)

Favorite Part: When Seth and Sheriff Metzger come to "rescue" Jessica. They're such good friends, I would've wondered if they hadn't appeared...

Miscellaneous: It's one of those first the TV show, then the books series, and it seems the author(s) did a wonderful job. I read a few book-after-movie/TV show books and usually it's rather disappointing.

Rating: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment