Sunday, May 3, 2009

Introducing... the Mystery Read-A-Thon

After Dewey's Read-A-Thon I was all giddy and raving about it, which got me to talking to a friend, Meen, about it. We're both mystery lovers, which is how we met, despite living in different countries.

Now, we talked about the Read-A-Thon and somehow wondered whether it wouldn't be a nice idea to do a read-a-thon for mysteries. But then, how many times a year can you keep 24 hours free of work and appointments? So we came to the conclusion that 12 hours would be challenge enough.

The first Mystery Read-A-Thon will take place on June 7. The goal is to read mysteries and thrillers for 12 hours on that day - with the when being up to you.

To join in or read a it more about the information, please check out the blog!

2 comments:

  1. For much that I would love a new Read-a-thon soon, I'm afraid I won't be able to participate on that weekend. Too bad, as there's the 48-hour challenge going on on the same weekend too, so I'm missing out on a lot of fun!
    Nice idea, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's a pity. I didn't even know there wasa 48 hour challenge? But maybe you can join us next time?
    Marleen and I agreed on a date that fit us both :-)

    ReplyDelete