Monday, March 29, 2010

best laid plans...

Now, I had planned to write a review today, for either the first Gallagher Girl book (I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls)), and maybe even the second one (Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls)). But the best laid plans...

Now granted, we changed to summer time this weekend, so I'm missing an hour and yet I was up and about at 6:30am (technically 5:30am *shudder*) and I was awake! The shock! The horror! I was so awake, I spent more time at work than I had originally planned, because I decided (pretty much on a whim) that I would stay home tomorrow to finish up my term paper. Now, I left work, went to university got myself some numeric list (very, very important, because without it I can't print out the confirmation that I'm still a student - necessary for health insurance, bank stuff etc.). Once I was done I took the subway home with two short stops to do some grocery shopping for the week. As soon as I was home I started the cooking and well, I won't invite anyone in my kitchen until this battlefield is cleaned up again! At least, I had a delicious dinner (lamb, mazzot and a couple other things)! And I even have two more dishes ready for the next days: I made a big portion of my Grandma's potato salad. I just hope it is at least close to her recipe! Because then it will be delicious!

Anyway, the best laid plans fell right through. I spent hours between the kitchen (to prepare said 3 meals) and my computer to talk to a good friend. And once I was done with dinner (after 9pm), I was too tired to concentrate on anything else. Now, I'm really sorry! But as my room mate put it: "This is the first time in ages that you cook something from scratch." Far too often, I'm afraid, I'm too tired when I come home from work / university / both, so I just whip something up real quick and voilĂ  - dinner in 5 minutes! *sigh*

I will try to give you the two reviews as soon as I'm done with my term paper!



No comments:

Post a Comment