Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mayu Shinjo: KAIKAN PHRASE Vol. 5



Mayu Shinjo
KAIKAN PHRASE Vol. 5
192 pages
VIZ Media
ISBN: 978-1-591-16560-6


I'm still trying to figure out what I think about this manga series. After five (!!!) volumes I still don't know whether I like the story and the characters enough to read the entire series, but I also don't want to stop reading this series.

Aine is a high school student, but also the song writer for the popular band Lucifer. Aine and Lucifer lead singer Sakuya are a couple when Tomoyuki, the lead singer of another band sees her. He is stunned by how much Aine looks like his dead sister Yumi, for whom he had more feelings than a brother should have for a sister.

It is a weird series, the characters are always in very crazy situations, situations far from reality. But I guess that's why it is a manga series?

Rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment