Saturday, October 10, 2009

Janice Kay Johnson: SNOWBOUND



Janice Kay Johnson
SNOWBOUND
276 pages
Harlequin
ISBN: 978-0-373-71454-4 (for the paperback - I read the e-version)


Fiona MacPherson and her students are on their way home from the Knowledge Champs competition when a blizzard strands them in Oregon's Cascade Mountains. In order to survive, they seek shelter at Thunder Mountain Lodge. There she meets their host, John Fallon, a war veteran with secrets and scars that may never heal. How can the two overcome the obstacles?

I was slightly biased when I read this book, I admit that. I would love to spend a vacation snowed in in a cabin somewhere. Of course with enough food and some other people (or at least some good books to read). The only reason I didn't rate this book 5/5 was the long part in the lodge compared with the rather short part in which Fiona and John get together. It would have been even better if Janice Kay Johnson would have spent some more time on John's decision to do something to deal with his past. All in all, though, it was such a well-rounded story that kept me hooked.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment