Sunday, September 23, 2007

Trick Or Treat Murder

Number: 97
Title: Trick Or Treat Murder
Author: Leslie Meier
Started: September 03, 2007
Finished: September 14, 2007
Pages: 245
Genre: mystery
ISBN: 1-57566-219-1

Language: English

Where The Book Came From: I got this book along with a few others from two wonderful women. Thanks, girls!

First Sentence: "I could just kill him."

Cover Blurb: It's October in Maine, and everyone in Tinker's Cove is preparing for the annual Halloween festival. While Lucy Stone is whipping up orange-frosted cupcakes, recycling tutus for her daughters' Halloween costumes, helping her son with his pre-teen rebellion, and breast-feeding her brand-new baby, an arsonist is loose in Tinker's Cove. When the latest claims the life of the owner of the town's oldest house, arson turns into murder.
While the townsfolk work to transform a dilappidated mansion into a haunted house for the All-Ghouls festival, the hunt for the culprit heats up Trick-or-treat turns deadly as a little digging in all the wrong places puts Lucy too close to a shocking discovery that could send all her best-laid plans up in smoke...

Reason For Reading: Just for the fun of it, a little for the Cozy Mystery Month and also to get out of a slump.

Comments: This was my first Lucy Stone mystery and I heard a lot about the books way ahead. I heard about Lucy, Bill, Toby and the girls. About their antics and their relationship(s), about how they are and what they will be doing. And now I'm finally part of the story, I read about them and I will read about them in the future.
I was a bit reluctant to read it as I heard quite a bit about Bill and his at times weird to rude behaviour. When I finally got to the book, though, I was glad because it is written in a wonderful way and I am already excited to read another of the Lúcy Stone mysteries!

Miscellaneous: I already have the first in series on my shelves. This was the third in series.

Rating: A-

1 comment:

  1. This one sounds cool! I'm going to be your typical guy here ;) Is this series written for a mostly female audience or do you think it's something that guys would enjoy as well? Great review!

    ReplyDelete