Wednesday, May 2, 2007

German reads in April

Tess Gerritsen's The Sinner; #3 Detective Jane Rizzoli & doc Maura Isles; B+
I'm reading this series first backwards (I started with #4, Body Double) and once I arrived at the first I'll read the rest in order. I really enjoyed this installment, though not as much as I enjoyed Body Double. I think this might be due to the fact that Maura had to deal with Victor, the slime ball. I despised that man from the very first second he appeared. Otherwise I really enjoyed the mystery and the character development (though for me it was more backwards ;-) ).

Nora Roberts' River's End; B
It was a nice book, but not what I am used from her books. A "standard Roberts" usually gets a B+, with this one, I really liked the mystery, but it did not live up to my expectations. There were so many characters and two of them didn't have a real chance to get to know each other, as I think they would have deserved. That, though, is not my decision, so I tried to ignore it best as I could. I really enjoyed the main characters, though.

Nora Roberts' Rebellion; B+
See, I told you a "standard Roberts" gets a B+ ;-) It was one of the first, if not the first of the MacGregor books. Since it is set in ancient Scotland and England, I also got to enjoy the terms from "way back then" and I really enjoyed it.

Nora Roberts' In From The Cold; B+
I read this one right after Rebellion and it is also a MacGregor book. This time set in the US starting about the day of what is known as the Boston Tea Party and ending the year after. One of the MacGregors falls for a good-looking but rather "grumpy" American while he is on a "vacation" in the US. Only with is Aunt's intervention is he able to right some mistakes he did at first ;-) Great book and certainly a fun, but too short read!

No comments:

Post a Comment