Friday, July 20, 2007

classics challenge - the reviews

So, the classics challenge has been going since about 3 weeks already and a few books have been read, so I think now is a good time to post a list with the links to the reviews!

Jane Austen: Sense And Sensibility (Alyson - Bibliophiles Anonymous)
Jane Austen: Northanger Abbey (Laura - Musings)
Arthur Conan Doyle: The Hound Of The Baskervilles (Literary Feline)
Louisa Mae Alcott: Little Women (Trish - Trish's Reading Nook)
Baroness Emmuska Orczy: The Scarlet Pimpernel (Trish - Trish's Reading Nook)
Jane Austen: Persuasion (Literary Feline)
Zora Neale Houston: Their Eyes Were Watching God (Laura - Musings)
Oscar Wilde: The Picture Of Dorian Grey (Literary Feline)
John Steinbeck: East Of Eden (Laura - Musings)
Mary Shelley: Frankenstein (Trish - Trish's Reading Nook)
Charlotte Bronte: Jane Eyre (raidergirl3)
Oscar Wilde: The Picture Of Dorian Grey (raidergirl3)
Willa Cather: O Pioneers! (raidergirl3)
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle: The Hound Of The Baskervilles (raidergirl3)
Elizabeth Gaskell: North and South (Laura - Musings)
Daphne du Maurier: Don't Look Now pussreboots
Charlotte Bronte: Jane Eyre pussreboots
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra: Don Qixote (Rhinoa - Rhinoa's Ramblings)
Gilgamesh (Rhinoa - Rhinoa's Ramblings)
Homer: The Iliad (Rhinoa - Rhinoa's Ramblings)
Homer: Odyssey (Rhinoa - Rhinoa's Ramblings)
Edgar Allen Poe: The Complete Tales And Poems (Rhinoa - Rhinoa's Ramblings)
Charles Dickens: A Christmas Carol pussreboots
Kurt Vonnegut: Slaughterhouse Five pussreboots
Robert Louis Stevenson: The Ebb-Tide pussreboots



Literary Feline's wrap up
raidergirl3's wrap up

10 comments:

  1. Kathrin--

    Just as a head's up, it's Alyson, not Amber. :-) Thanks again for hosting this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn, I'm sooo sorry, Alyson! I already fixed it.

    I can only apologize. My brain's already completely fixed on HP tomorrow... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read my first selection for the challenge earlier this month, The Hound of the Baskervilles by A. Conan Doyle. My review can be found here: http://literaryfeline.blogspot.com/2007/07/hound-of-baskervilles-by-arthur-conan.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely understand the HP fixation! I've stayed up all night reading it after I picked it up at midnight at the bookstore!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Women - Louisa May Alcott

    Kathrin - there's my review for Little Women. So glad to be done with it and move on to the next. I think I'm finally giving up on Vanity Fair as well. Now's just not the right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read my first one too! It was Siddhartha and unfortunately I wasn't crazy about it and didn't give it a proper review on the blog :( I'll let you know when I post a review for a book. 1 down, 4 to go! I love these challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Scarlet Pimpernel - Baroness Emmuska Orczy

    I certainly enjoyed this one more than Little Women! Are we supposed to put our links here or somewhere else??

    ReplyDelete
  8. I posted my wrap up for the challenge today. It can be found
    here. Thank you for hosting this great challenge, Kathrin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I finished! And it was fun and great and thanks for putting this together. My wrap up review is here: http://raidergirl3-anadventureinreading.blogspot.com/2007/09/update-classic-challenge.html

    Can you believe I'd never read Jane Eyre? crazy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just finished my fourth book, East of Eden. Review can be found here: http://laura0218.livejournal.com/27626.html

    ReplyDelete