Friday, July 20, 2007

classics challenge - the reviews

So, the classics challenge has been going since about 3 weeks already and a few books have been read, so I think now is a good time to post a list with the links to the reviews!

Jane Austen: Sense And Sensibility (Alyson - Bibliophiles Anonymous)
Jane Austen: Northanger Abbey (Laura - Musings)
Arthur Conan Doyle: The Hound Of The Baskervilles (Literary Feline)
Louisa Mae Alcott: Little Women (Trish - Trish's Reading Nook)
Baroness Emmuska Orczy: The Scarlet Pimpernel (Trish - Trish's Reading Nook)
Jane Austen: Persuasion (Literary Feline)
Zora Neale Houston: Their Eyes Were Watching God (Laura - Musings)
Oscar Wilde: The Picture Of Dorian Grey (Literary Feline)
John Steinbeck: East Of Eden (Laura - Musings)
Mary Shelley: Frankenstein (Trish - Trish's Reading Nook)
Charlotte Bronte: Jane Eyre (raidergirl3)
Oscar Wilde: The Picture Of Dorian Grey (raidergirl3)
Willa Cather: O Pioneers! (raidergirl3)
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle: The Hound Of The Baskervilles (raidergirl3)
Elizabeth Gaskell: North and South (Laura - Musings)
Daphne du Maurier: Don't Look Now pussreboots
Charlotte Bronte: Jane Eyre pussreboots
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra: Don Qixote (Rhinoa - Rhinoa's Ramblings)
Gilgamesh (Rhinoa - Rhinoa's Ramblings)
Homer: The Iliad (Rhinoa - Rhinoa's Ramblings)
Homer: Odyssey (Rhinoa - Rhinoa's Ramblings)
Edgar Allen Poe: The Complete Tales And Poems (Rhinoa - Rhinoa's Ramblings)
Charles Dickens: A Christmas Carol pussreboots
Kurt Vonnegut: Slaughterhouse Five pussreboots
Robert Louis Stevenson: The Ebb-Tide pussreboots



Literary Feline's wrap up
raidergirl3's wrap up

14 comments:

  1. Kathrin--

    Just as a head's up, it's Alyson, not Amber. :-) Thanks again for hosting this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn, I'm sooo sorry, Alyson! I already fixed it.

    I can only apologize. My brain's already completely fixed on HP tomorrow... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read my first selection for the challenge earlier this month, The Hound of the Baskervilles by A. Conan Doyle. My review can be found here: http://literaryfeline.blogspot.com/2007/07/hound-of-baskervilles-by-arthur-conan.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely understand the HP fixation! I've stayed up all night reading it after I picked it up at midnight at the bookstore!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Women - Louisa May Alcott

    Kathrin - there's my review for Little Women. So glad to be done with it and move on to the next. I think I'm finally giving up on Vanity Fair as well. Now's just not the right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read my first one too! It was Siddhartha and unfortunately I wasn't crazy about it and didn't give it a proper review on the blog :( I'll let you know when I post a review for a book. 1 down, 4 to go! I love these challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Scarlet Pimpernel - Baroness Emmuska Orczy

    I certainly enjoyed this one more than Little Women! Are we supposed to put our links here or somewhere else??

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read my second classic for the challenge. You can find my review of Persuasion here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My review for my third and final selection,The Picture of Dorian Gray, is up now. I'll be posting a wrap-up sometime this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I posted my wrap up for the challenge today. It can be found
    here. Thank you for hosting this great challenge, Kathrin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I finished! And it was fun and great and thanks for putting this together. My wrap up review is here: http://raidergirl3-anadventureinreading.blogspot.com/2007/09/update-classic-challenge.html

    Can you believe I'd never read Jane Eyre? crazy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just finished my fourth book, East of Eden. Review can be found here: http://laura0218.livejournal.com/27626.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm...looks like this challenge might have fallen to the wayside. Anyway, I finished! Book #3: Frankenstein - Mary Shelley

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete