Thursday, March 22, 2007

Katie MacAlister - Noble Destiny

Noble Destiny
MacAlister's 3rd book, this time featuring Lady Charlotte Collins and Alasdair MacGregor, Lord Carlisle
366 pages
Leisure


Dear Worthy Reader,

I take quill in hand to warn you of the inaccurate picture hinted at in this very tome of my modest self. A poor widow, I returned to England eager to take my place in the ton, only to find myself shunned by all. My one choice was to marry again, and who can chastise me for picking a groom who combined those attributes - wealth, a title, and good looks - that would ensure my utter happiness.

I know you will understand my frustration when Alasdair McGregor, the manly personification of those attributes, cruelly refused to be the answer to my problems. In fact, I was forced by Dare's obstinacy to take extreme action - the faulty codpiece that led to our marriage, the weding that was literally a circus, and, of course, the time I shot Dare to cheer him up.

Not even an annoyance such as the loss of Dare's fortune could stand between me and what I wanted most: the love of my husband. I am confident that you will disregard comments from those jealous ladies who refer to my having trapped Dare into an unwanted union, and instead look beneath the obvious to read the true story of our love.

Most humbly yours,
Lady Charlote Collins


I got the first Noble historical (Noble Intentions) through Bookcrossing and enjoyed MacAlister's style. It is different from her paranormal novels, but I enjoy both styles a lot. I just have to read this second Noble historical.

First sentence:

No comments:

Post a Comment