Saturday, March 24, 2007

Katie MacAlister - Noble Destiny

Lady Charlotte Collins comes back from a marriage gone bad, one for which she eloped. This marriage completely ruined her reputation in the ton and her father cut her off from all her privileges before his death. But she is back and will do anything to get back into her place in the ton - even if this means another marriage, for which she deems Alasdair McGregor the right man, him being wealthy, of good looks and with a title. But it is not exactly in his plans to marry, despite Charlotte's plans and so she takes extreme action putting him into a position where he can only marry him. But whether her plans will turn out the way she intended will not be sure until she solves a mystery from the not-too-far past...

It has been quite a while since I finished this book, but I just didn't have the time to write a review, so this one will be only a short collection of thoughts that are still in my mind from reading this book.
Of course, for a romance, one doesn't expect much, so there is - at least for me - a different scale for ratings used. While I at first had no real connection to the main characters (unlike I had it with Noble Intentions, the first in this "series"), the characters grew on me through their own struggles with life. Otherwise the plot was thought through and I didn't find plot holes like I did with quite a few other romances.

Rating: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment