Friday, December 11, 2009
Progressive Dinner Party - Dessert
So, it's about time my dessert popped up here, right? I know I'm a bit late, but it was supposed to go up as scheduled earlier today - only it didn't *sigh*
But here you go with one delicious mousse au chocolat:
200 grams dark chocolate
3 eggs, separated
250 ml whipping cream
35 grams powder sugar
How to do it:
1) Melt the chocolate slowly in a bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Let it cool for a couple of minutes.
2) Stir the egg yolks into the chocolate
3) Whisk the egg whites until very stiff and peaky, then slowly add the sugar a bit at a time, whisking again as each bit is added
4) Gently and slowly fold the egg whites, a spoonful at a time, into the chocolate. Don't be aggressive, you want to keep the volume of the eggs as much as possible.
5) Pour gently into the final bowls or ramekins and put in the fridge for a few hours.