Sunday, April 29, 2007

History Meme

I just found this history meme at Literary Feline's blog and I really liked it. I was curious to learn more about my birth date, so I decided to do it even though I wasn't tagged ;-)

1. Go to Wikipedia and type in your birthdate, no year.
April 10

2. List 3 important events.
1606 - The Charter of the Virginia Company of London was established by royal charter by James I of England with the purpose of establishing colonial settlements in North America.
1925 - The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald is first published in New York, New York by Charles Scribner's Sons.
1959 - Akihito, future Emperor of Japan, weds Michiko (née Michiko Shoda), a commoner.


3. List 2 births.
1847 - Joseph Pulitzer, American journalist and publisher (d. 1911)
2007 - Princess Ariane of the Netherlands


4. List 1 Death.
1954 - Auguste Lumière, French film pioneer (b. 1862)

5. List 1 Holiday or Observance.
Feast for Three Days - Third Day (Thelema) (don't ask me! LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment