Okay, I've read about booklogged's classics challenge, but since I was absolutely sure I couldn't make 5 classics within two months, I stayed away from it - in a safe distance, though obviously not safe enough.
I'd like to try something similar:
I'd like to try to read 3-5 classics in a time frame of 5 months. This way, there would be enough time for other reads, but one could also spend some good time reading classics, maybe to broaden one's horizon, maybe just to get some books off Mt. TBR.
When exactly this is going to take place is still open as I'm trying to figure out when things won't be that busy.
Since I know some classics are rather hefty in size, I've decided to make the number of books a bit more loose. Books over 450 pages are definitely big ones and harder to get through than classics that have about 250 pages.
I'll pick mine from the following classics:
1. Victor Hugo - Les Misérables (in French, 913 pages)
2. Jane Austen - Mansfield Park (in English, pages)
3. Paul Auster - Moon Palace (in English, pages)
4. Emily Bronte - Wuthering Heights (in English, pages)
5. Theodor Fontane - Frau Jenny Treibel (in German, pages)
6. Tom Wolfe - The Bonfires Of The Vanities (in English, pages)